Thursday, July 26, 2007

NTNU... Here we come!

How time flies when you're having fun.

Simon and I had planned to study Chinese at National Taiwan Normal University for months now. The application dates have always seemed so distant; until, of course, they creep up on you in a flash! Realising that the final registration day is only days away, I headed into 'Shi-da' to find the Mandarin Training Center and give over our documentation.

I was a little worried that we would be rejected on the basis that we don't have $US 2,500 in each of our accounts (not anytime soon, me thinks!) which was a stipulation of our approval. Likewise, I was unsure if our joint account would be accepted on the basis that its only under one name. So I headed in, a little nervous - mostly because I just couldn't imagine having this dream snuffed out, one which was strong enough to bring us to the northern hemisphere in the first.

Fortunately, however, it was all so easy! After handing over bank statements, residency documents, passports, visas, photos, transcripts and diplomas... we're set to receive our orientation information in two weeks time! As of September 1, we will officially be students of National Taiwan Normal University! Hooray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you both!
Ha ha ha -- back being a uni student in no time!

Your adventures sound fantastic!

We hope to see you in Japan for New Years!

. said...

It's going to be a blast - I absolutely can't wait! Hope everything is grand with you in beautiful Melb!