Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Just a brief note from me tonight, I'm not sure quite how I feel about this summer schedule at the moment.

I decided after teaching quite an interesting class on music to my new summer students, to integrate this topic into some of my other, more advanced classes. I figure that there's nothing quite like having an in-depth discussion about the bridge of music across cultures.

Tommorow night I plan to use 'I Still Call Australia Home' as a listening exercise with my upper-intermediate students. Believe it or not, it's pretty easy to find a copy of the Australian Children's (or Qantas!) Choir's version on the internet, so too the original! And there's nothing else quite like the Aussie tenor tones of Peter Allen; "I love being free/and so I keep leaving the sun and the sea/but my heart lies waiting/over the foam.."

Mmm. We've so succumed to the idea of being away from home for some time yet. But nonetheless... it is a homely feeling.

Australia... women de jia... stay just as you are!

No comments: